Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cleaning the basement...




I have been at a neglected space and an incomprehensible project today.
I am trying to clean the basement.
I have alot of things in my basement.  I have I know 30+ years of storage down there.
Well I am trying to take a stab at it today and am resolved to eliminate a large portion of the storage.
I found this backpack in the storage room. 


I used to wear this pack to school when I was younger and lived in Nuremberg, Germany. You can see the use of the pack, one of the handles is worn off.  Germany was progressive. They had the children putting their books on their backs way.... before America took to back packs..


Inside the pack look what I found!!



LEDERHOSEN!!!!!!
This particular pair of leather shorts my brother's wore when we lived in Germany!!  So now we are showing I am storing things from alot longer ago that 30+ years!!!!



Another pair of LEDERHOSEN!!! This particular pair I bought and yes wore, in fact I believe I had them made for me when I was on a semester abroad in Austria.  Yes I guess that I was more of a Tom boy as most of the girls on my semester abroad had DIRNDLE'S made for them.

I think it also has to do with the fact that I remembered these wonderful shorts that my brothers wore years before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment