Monday, February 28, 2011

Journals

I love journals. I have been keeping a picture journal now for about 4 years. I have 13 of these journals complete. It is very fun for me to go back and look at these journals, and review my days and weeks and years activities.

There are times when I try to remember when an event happened. I have oft been able to go to my journals and find the month,week, even the day of the event wanted.

When I recall these events it is interesting how I am immediately transported back to the event.

I am at times of looking through them once again satisfied at the accomplishments of my time and days. Without them my time is easily forgotten how it is spent and often I have felt prior to my journaling like I wasn't sure I had accomplished much in my days or weeks.

Now my days and weeks are not filled with large events or even frequent important activities. But my journals do chronical my days of chores, cooking, spending time with Grandchildren, hobbies, interests. All of which at the end of my days will show my priorities and interests and loyalties.



I draw these small events daily. Then on a day with more time I add watercolor to the drawings. They have become my treasures. When the grandchildren look at them and become entranced by them my heart swells.

No comments:

Post a Comment