Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shoes

I tended my friends K&A&C yesterday.

I find it so different in the morning when Carson is taking his nap, Abby is at pre-school and Kate is at school.

What is a person to do with time on their hands when they are tending....
Well I read a little of a book I took with me. Tried to rest for a minute and then spied shoes.... so I had to get out my camera!!

Instead of fun photos of the kids today you get photos of shoes....



These fun shoes are Carsons...well have been his I think he has outgrown them.. but when I saw them I was also reminded of Bennett who had a pair of shoes just like these.


These shoes remind me of Grandpa as he finds crocs for everyone at his thrift store haunts....



These fun shoes are Kate or Abby's they both have a pair like these as does Mabel. They are Tom's. Anna and Heidi and Liz all sport Tom's as well as Matt's kids. I hear they are as comfortable as bare feet. The thing I really like about these is their manufacture makes them to sell and every pair that sells he donates a pair of shoes to a third world child in need of shoes...


These were given to K&A but I think they only were able to fit Carson for the right season. These salt water sandals as they are called were a staple with my kids... I loved them with socks, without socks, in the water, out of the water... I have never seen a pair of these salt water sandals be worn out..... although I have seen these sandals worn constantly, but they are made to last forever... that is why I loved passing them down my kids when they were little.  Quite a classic to still be the same style worn today.


Cute K&A's shoes. I noticed they have twin shoes of these.  They look so like those two cute girls.....




These are my shoes that I wore down to K&A's.
Kate tried my shoes on before I went home yesterday.  I had to have her take off my shoes so I could put on my own shoes( my shoes do not fit her yet) but she likes to try on shoes as I did.....

This reminded me of years ago,  I would always try on my grammy's shoes. I would always try on her shoes hoping one day my feet would be as big.(I think she wore a size 5 shoe.)

This reminds me of Sunday evenings at Grammy's with the Smother's Brothers(an entertainment and comedy show from a time back)... another blog.....



No comments:

Post a Comment