Monday, February 24, 2014

Night of the Owls


We had a Great Horned owl in our yard last night.
Obviously this  is not the owl, I took this photo from Heidi's Eagle day photos, from a couple of weeks ago.  This Great Horned owl was there, at Eagle day.


We have our Schreech Owls in their box.  We know we have one, we think we might have a pair. 
But Russ was out at dusk, sitting in the yard, with his binoculars.  
He spotted a Great Horned owl in the top of a pine tree.  He watched it swoop and then called me from inside.  I was able to see it in the top of the pine tree.  Only its large shape not clearly.  I did get to watch as it took off.   It is a surprisely large bird.  It has quite a wing span!

We had our chickens roaming at large yesterday. And have had them out of their pen for several days of late.

Does this Owl want a chicken?
I can hardly think of the idea that this owl might want my Schreech Owl.
Of course it does not settle well with me that he might want one of my chickens either.


No this Owl does not want my Screech Owl.  That is how I can like both Owls, and enjoy being able to have both kinds of Owls in my yard!!!!!

One Owl will not eat the other Owl, right?!






No comments:

Post a Comment