Monday, February 3, 2014

Tracings of Yesterday






Each gard was designated with an attached label.  Each gard was expected to hold a doily. ( I never figured out what that was about, other than doilies were on hand.)



 This was the Princess's Cake. A stack of plates stolen from the serving table...

Yes, this morning I am going around, finding signs, taped on walls, door frames and doors.
These are remnants of a game played by the Grandkids yesterday.

You can see it involved a Castle, a King (Carson) and a Princess (Elsie). (both 3 years old)  Elsie was dubbed a Queen by Carson, but Elsie let Carson know, that, Queens are old, and young ones are called Princesses!
(Elsie wears a princess dress night and day) (This make-up world they were playing really only coincides with Elsie's real daily world) (She is a princess in her mind and reality right now)
It is very endearing.

You can see there were gards (guards)  I think almost all adults had those sticky signs taped to them by the kids.

The older kids (6,7 & 8 year olds) wrote all the signs.  The Castle, the gards, go to the castle, and castle ahead all designating aspects of the younger kids game.

It makes me smile as I go around cleaning up.  I smile at how imaginative these precious little ones are.  I smile at how the older ones were drawn into the younger one's game.  I smile as I think of watching them be so creative.  I smile at thinking of them supporting each other so.

I smile at make-believe.  It just doesn't get better than make-believe. 
I smile at creativity, in my world nothing is better than creativity.  It is the icing on the cake of each day.  I smile at their innocence.

I think my smile will last all day today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment