Monday, July 15, 2013

Writers Retreat



The beautiful Homestead in Midway was the conference setting.  This proved to be a charming and gracious place to have the conference.  I personally love the at home manor feeling of the homestead. As well as the beautiful groomed gardens & setting.





The Five Fabulous Authors who gave us so much at this conference. Ann Edwards-Cannon, John Bennion, John Bytheway, Dean Hughes, & Louise Plummer.
The conference was small about 40+ people.  They came from all over, local and distant. I had one person from Canada, and Phoenix in my breakout session of 7 people.


A little writers boogie going on here! There was a little light hearted playing after the conference concluded!!


Jen ( thanks to Jen I literally feel into this wonderful conference) & Cindy and Laurel



After spending this enlightening weekend in Midway, look at this beautiful wonder in the clouds as I drove away from Midway!


R&L made available to us Liz's parents second home in Midway.  That certainly added to the enjoyment of the weekend.  Russ joined me on Friday night, he went fishing while I attended Saturday, my last day at the conference.


Lovely view out the window of the living room.
This weekend will be a motivator to move on with my blog and other projects.

I believe I will form a writing group with the wonderful people in my session.  I am really looking forward to that continued association and continued benefit of this retreat.







No comments:

Post a Comment