Saturday, October 26, 2013

"I Miss You"

I took my 3 year old Granddaughter with me to the grocery store tonight.  This little granddaughter has a deep, raspy, & loud voice.  As I tune into her babble, I hear her saying, "Actually I cannot see the trees, actually I cannot see the Temple..."   I realize she is infatuated with this new term she has heard somewhere, "actually".

I love how little ones hear a word, and then use it over and over again, as they become acquainted with the word, and sometimes just the word, but not always the word's meaning.

I next hear her say.  "Sometimes I miss you Grandma."  She has my attention and my heart at this time.  I say "I love you too".  And she says "sometimes I am at preschool and miss you".  I am now feeling warm and fuzzy all over.

We arrive at the grocery store.  My little one cannot find her shoe anywhere.  She had on 2 flip-flops.  I saw her put them on.  On the short journey to the store, she had them off her feet, and now, one was nowhere to be found.  I look under the seats for the flipflop.   While I am doing so she says, "I miss my flipflop."

Well, all my warm and fuzzy feeling starts to melt, and I realize "miss" is just another word she is infatuated with!!!

1 comment: