Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spirit Lake

We had a wonderful time camping at Spirit Lake.

We had the whole family with us minus Spencer who had to work.

It was great to listen to the kids reminisce about past trips. It really warmed my heart to hear them talk. I also found my heart full as I was there remembering past times and seeing all the family enjoy this spot that has been special to the family for years.  It was even nice to realize that it was special to the kids too.

As a greater family. We had a wonderful time. I can't think of a more fun time together. Everyone was so helpful. Everyone contributed whenever there was a need. Everyone was so cheerful. Even as the out houses began to heat up. Even as they began to get real dirty. (Abby cracked me up when she says, Grandma I wish there was a washer and dryer up here. This is as she spill hot chocolate on her sweat shirt!!!)

I was even warmed as I saw the next generation pitching in to help each other.  Mabel had a moment of meltdown and I saw Kate just jump right in and try to cheer this little cousin in a way that I will never forget!! Some of which included while holding Mabel on her lap. "Grandma look at Mabel's shirt, don't you think that Mabel's shirt is darling!!" Mabel was just eating it up and very distracted from her saddness.  The kids were all willing to help set up tents, and do whatever was asked of them.
 Grandpa and I drove home in our unairconditioned Suburban with our  hearts just swelling with such a memorable time together. Thanks to everyone for coming and for being such good sports!!! We love you all so much. You make our lives so full of happiness and joy!!! We thank you!!!

Now for the photos of a great couple of days together...




Getting set up in the rain mind you...



Fishing down at the lake



















Everyone caught a fish within the first day. It was wonderful, no one had to feel like they hadn't caught one and were the only one without catching a fish.  Once everyone has caught a fish the pressure is off and it is just plain fun to fish!!!!

We all went up to Jessen Lake.
All were amazing with the 1 mile up to the lake and the one mile back down.






Getting ready for our hike..


And we are off!!!





One quick stop for a fishing attempt!!


two moose sightings..
(trips total moose sightings 5!!!)







and its lunch time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment