Saturday, January 21, 2012

Doorknocker

Russ and I recently celebrated our 34th Wedding Anniversary.


I noticed on a photo in the last blog a glimpse of the doorknocker Russ installed on our door last Saturday.


We recieved this doorknocker when we were married. It has family significance.  We have a plaque explaining its significance inside the front door.  We have always had this knocker mounted on wood next to the plaque.

We decided we wanted it installed on our door now. So last Saturday Russ put it on the door, at the same time he installed a new doorknob. ( our last doorknob had only functioned in one direction over the last month.)




I think it looks mighty fine out in our entry.

I was just ready to decorate our entry for Spring when Winter appeared again.  I will leave out our lighted pine trees and sleigh for another month or so before bringing Spring to the porch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment