Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dreaming Magnanimous

My parents have sold their home.

They are moving to SLC next week.

They mention the buyer of their home often.  He just knocked on their door one day and became acquainted.  He had history with my parents home.  His Grandfather or someone in his family had lived there once.  He had wonderful memories of the place.

My parents home could be a wonderful place to have memories with its, tennis court, center stage swimming pool.  I use that description of the pool because the one story rambling ranch is built around the pool.  It is a U shape home with the pool in the middle of the U. (My parents have owned the home for 12 years, have aged 12 years and have aged right out of maintaining such a place, about 5 years ago.)

They mention this buyer with fondness.  He has successfully gotten into their heart.  I think he should.  He showed up right when they had purchased another home in SLC.  They were going to contact a realtor in another week about listing their current St. George home.

The buyer has worked out deals with them or tried to work out deals with my parents on this home purchase.  My parents need the money to then pay their home in SL in full.  But some of the propositions I have heard have included a new car.  My Dad has continually made a smart choice and declined.  But the offer of a new car continues to this day. (I know, I thought the house offer was accepted and a done deal weeks ago.  The kind of offer that is specific and in contract, that would include paper and specifics in writing.)

When my Dad mentioned yesterday that this new owner brought up the new car again. ("He keeps wanting to give us a new car.")   I cringed and thought AGAIN  "I thought the sale of this house is contracted."  I am sure that it is, isn't it?

Well then my dream started to bud.  All of us children had driven our cars to St. George to help with my parents move.  I knew then I was in a dream.  All of our cars were in the circular drive in front of my parents home.  The new owner come over.   When he parked he noticed all of our cars in the driveway.  This time he had a new proposal for my Dad.   " How about if I give you new cars for ALL YOUR CHILDREN, if you do not want a new car".  What a nice magnanimous new owner of my parents home.  His family owns 3 Car Dealerships in the state apparently.(not dreaming)

I have a change of heart and would now like to meet the guy!!!

Yea I catch myself dreaming all the time, I have always been a dreamer...









No comments:

Post a Comment