Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Farm Chickens








My chickens have a new roost!!!  They have a new hen house.  It doesn't have a permanent roof yet. Or a permanent door but it has 4 walls with the chickens nesting boxes installed.



One of the small Banti Chickens is laying.  I have 5 small brown eggs that I am going to make something special with.  Soon I think they will all be laying.  This is a friendly bunch of chickens.  I talk to them when I go visit and they all come to the fence and talk away... 
They seem to not have a pecking order.  They are all very pleasant to each other.  We have always had a pecking order with our previous chickens. I am not sure perhaps they must be more mature to become more domineering.  Hopefully we will just have this pleasant bunch of chickens, that all get along together.

Cannot have a true farm without a cat slithering around the barn. This cat is called Mouse.  I think he eats mice.  Of course these mice are not of his same kind!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment