Monday, August 12, 2013

Surprise Finding

Imagine my surprise today when I read an article about the Top 15 places to live in the US.  I can't remember who it was that made the list.(CNNMoney)  I do remember it said they rotate every other year between listing the top 15 best large cities with the top 15 small communities.

This year it was the Top 15 small communities in the US that were listed in their ratings.
Of the top towns listed, I was very familiar with 2 of them.

One was Shrewsbury, Mass.  That is where my Mom grew up.  Just a suburb of Boston. Of course I realize that this town is listed as a town today, not back in the time my Mom lived there. But still curious to me.

The other was Farmington, Ut.  This is where my daughter and her family live. This is the neighboring city to where I live.

The criteria for the ratings were community, quality of life, family friendly, open and green spaces, beauty, recreation...

I find that so fascinating. And feel so lucky to have had such wonderful places to have my family raised. I know that I live in a great community, and have always felt extremely blessed to have raised my family here in Fruit Heights, Utah.

Shout out for Utah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment