Saturday, April 30, 2011

Albrecht Durer

Years ago when my children attended school at Pearce Elementary in Birmingham Michigan, that would be Heidi and Russ, I volunteered in their school.

I was a Picture Lady in an Art Program. This program brought the classic artists into the elementary schools.  Volunteers would choose an artist of their choice to present to the children. They would give a bio of the artist and then present a hands on project for the students to make.

I presented Albrecht Durer one year and I believe Michelangelo another year.

Albrecht Durer was a German artist. I would have to look up any other info about him, my memory just doesn't recall many facts about him. He did carve the famous" Praying Hands". I have always loved them. He also did many etchings.


You can see A carved with the D under the A, Albrecht Durer's signature.
(these are a replica of the original)


(Russ picked up these free standing hands recently)


I have had these replicate hands hanging in my living room for years.

 I have always loved them.




No comments:

Post a Comment