Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hummels

Years ago I was a young girl living in Nuremburg Germany with her family.

I was between 6 & 9 years old. I would receive an allowance. I have no recollection of what my actions were to receive my allowance.

I have great memories of going into town when enough money was collected.  One particular store that sold Hummels was our destination.  My sister Susi and I would gaze and gaze into the window trying to decide which Hummel we would purchase this time with our money.

I remember a vendor outside the store. The smell of brats cooking adds so much to this memory.  ( Nothing like a good brat cooked on the open fire) (Put the brat in brochen add a little kraut and mustard, you have a taste of heaven)

Back to the Hummels we would decide and decide again and again which would be our purchase this time and which would be our purchase with our next earned amount of money.

When the Hummel was purchased my love affair only started. I noticed the paint the colors and the details all the details. These charming little figures have detail after detail. I was totally charmed by their charm!







I had other Hummels that didn't make it through all the years. My favorite was a girl carrying two buckets. I believe these buckets where scarves formed into buckets.  I was particularly in love with that one.

You can see the charm of these little figurines.




No comments:

Post a Comment