Friday, July 22, 2011

Collage

I don't know why I decided to take my old bread box.
(I must say a fine old bread box that Russ made for me years ago, it was lovely oak)
I have no idea why I decided to paint it.

And then after painting it I decided to put varied paper squares on it with modge podge.

Then I decided that wasn't what I wanted.
So I decided to modge podge a collage on top of the varied paper.

I took many papers and items that meant something to me and put them in this collage. I am sure it is busy. I decided it is too busy for the kitchen. But something about it touches me. It reminds me of so many times and things and events, so I like it.



Being too busy for the kitchen, I have decided it is for my bedroom. I will use it to put things in that don't need to be in sight. So the business of the collage will acutally keep the room less cluttered and too busy.


It is not quite finished yet. 


I still need to add to the sides and lower front. 



No comments:

Post a Comment