Sunday, July 10, 2011

Earnest Delight


I sat in Sacrament meeting today with little Elsie on my lap.

I was amused at the delight and enthusiasm her body exudes for almost everything around her. Her little hands go up in the air on the sides of her head. Her arms then come back down with her fingers almost twitching to touch something, my bracelet, my arm, my face, the flower on my blouse, Grandpa's suit coat, & Anna's hand.

She listens to me sing, she decides to join in her voice.

She is interested in those behind us, oh they smile at her, and that is all she needs to encourage more interest in those around her.

Her motion and interest continue on until at a culminating moment, none of this interests her any more!!!

Oh should we all be so easy to comfort.

I hand her, her binkie, her blanket, her sippie and she is so comforted... then there are the tags or labels on her blankie she feels those tags, pulls at them, fiddles with the tags, tastes the tags, and her interest in all around her picks up again......

And we go from earnest delight to earnest energy.... Oh the joys of little innocent ones!!!

I will take one on my lap any day in church with their earnest delight and their earnest energy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment