Monday, July 18, 2011

Wedgewood Bell


I was dear friends with Aunt Karen's sister Linda when I was younger.  We met while I was in college. I am sure you know that my family was friends with Karen's family years ago.

Well Linda was in England ( I think she was on a semester abroad.)  when I wrote to her and told her I was engaged.
She sent me this wedgewood bell as congratulations!

It is a treasure.   She and her family all died in a plane crash 1 1/2 years after that. 



Karen had stayed at home is SLC, the rest of her family flew to Chicago.

I will never forget the phone call that came to my parents home telling of the accident. I took the call as Russ and I were at home with my parents out of town.

Russ and I went up to see Karen; the police had just informed her of her families plane going down over Iowa ( or Ohio), landing in a cornflield with no survivors.

I am not sure I have ever experienced a more traumatic experience in my life than those minutes with Karen that day. ( I was only a friend and it was trauma.)

As the years have passed I oft think of those minutes. I still remember Karen and her ability to digest what was happening and I think and know it was only a miracle that allowed her to take in what was being told to her.  At the time I did not think about the spirit that was there. But as I have aged I know that there was a strong presence that allowed the terrible situation to be unfolded with alot of peace!

It is interesting to me as I age, that the experiences that with a great amount of the spirit of Heavenly Father present are the ones that are remembered with clarity and poignance. 

Karen I hope you don't mind my saying that  my love and great respect for you continue to this day in great amount!

I had no intent on going here when I started this blog. It is interesting where they sometimes end up. 






No comments:

Post a Comment