Friday, March 4, 2011

Dogs

I have  a very wonderful dog named Zoe. She is a blonde Labrador Retriever. She is about 2 years old. She is beautiful.

She replaced Powell when Powell died. Powell replaced Bits. She is essentially our third long time dog. Our dogs are loved and enjoyed but I will not go so far as call her a child. We had our children. They are now essentially raised.

I felt like I had a naughty child when I returned home yesterday from being gone from my home for less than an hour.

My first mistake was leaving Zoe inside when I left. But Zoe has always been good when I have left her inside before. I even told her to be good when I left, and that I wouldn't be gone long.

 Well she must have made haste because when I returned the pot of soup and the cake that where on the counter when I left were on the floor. Or should I say what was left of the soup and cake.

A goey mess, that smelled great. From the kitchen counters?!!

 Zoe has been in the small trash cans before. Never the kitchen trash. How can she go from such small misbehavior to such a large disobedience??


Well I think I have had a couple clues just while writing this.

  1. Zoe tasted people food a couple of months ago.
  2. Retriever- I typed Zoe is a Labrador Retriever ( in the foul weather she doesn't get her ball thrown to her as often as she would like.)
  3. Look at the picture cute Zoe----- no look at the picture close----she has a ball right there on her bed, doesn't she look like she is begging to have it thrown to her--- no look closer, she looks guilty look at the trash right there by her bed. She has been in the trash cans this morning!!!!
I will not call my dog a child, but I think my dog is like a child. I think my dog needs MORE ATTENTION!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think Bennett will be happy to give Zoe some attention and throw her the ball this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully spring is on the horizon allowing zoey to run around outside in warmer temperatures! Its fun to read your writing mom!!

    ReplyDelete