Monday, March 28, 2011

Laugh don't Cry

I sure had fun tending R&L's children last week.

I posted a couple of posts about our week. Should one think it was all photo shoots and parties, I'll be honest here.

I know why it is good to have children when you are young. You have more energy, your mind is quicker, you might then even be smarter than your kids.

We had a great time together, Kate, Abby, Carson & myself.

Even when:

 I was glad for patience when the salsa fell from the fridge to splash all over the floor. Patience is something  being a lot of years old is good for. I now know not to waste energy on some of the small stuff like salsa on the floor.

I could laugh when next, the pancake batter I was making flipped off my single beater and egg, egg yolk flour and milk where flung across my kitchen, and all over me.  Again love the patience learned thing. Some things aren't worth a reaction.. too much energy spent... just get those rags and cover the mess till it dries, clean it up then with a wet rag and foot motion! Change your clothes.

Now when I was summoned from my shower with the knock and little voice telling me Carson had something on his socks. Something dark. I was at first skeptical it was anything that needed my quick attention... then the second knock, the dark stuff is not only on his socks but now all over his busy gym and spreading.

 They didn't think it was poop.

Well that comment makes one move quickly, It is now the funniest thing I remember experiencing in a long time.

Yes it was poop and yes it was all over..........  Of course Carson had already had his bath for the day. And yes I had dressed after my shower in nice clothes, by the time I was done rebathing Carson, I too needed a clothes change and for lack of" know how" to clean up such a mess just took that busy gym and put it in the carport, bagged up all the moveable item that had dark stuff on them for the trash, no some things you just don't wash!!!

Well my respect for young mothers is HUGE!!!

My advise for young mothers is: to laugh is so much better than to cry!!! Laughing is just so much more fun! And yes everything is funny when you are rested!!!!

My other advice is: love every minute of it... they are so worth it!!!!

I loved every minute of last week!! Thanks for letting us watch those little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment