Friday, June 10, 2011

Bird update!

I have had some inquire as to how my baby robins are doing.

They continue to grow and get more and more cute!!!
You can see tail feathers and wing feathers.  Their eyes are all open. They continue to cuddle together. The four of them with each other.  The mother does sit on them but most often all day they are just huddling together.

They have filled their nest now to capacity.  That will become their problem.  Four mobile birds will soon not fit in the nest. One is bound to fall out as they wiggle around to cuddle together.

Russ informed me yesterday that one will soon have to go.  That is just nature he says. Well nature or not. I like all four of my birds and it saddens me to think of one of them falling down from the nest to the ground and not surviving.  He said matter of fact it will be the smallest one.

Well when you look at this nest this morning.  It is evident that one of these robins head is quite a bit smaller than the other three.  It is probably no accident that that robin is on the top of the cuddle this morning.  I can so easily picture the other robins moving and him just being flung out of the nest.


It does not make me happy to think about. I would love to rescue him from his possible plight before it happens.

I have had experience with little birds before and that experience tells me there is nothing I can do to keep that little one alive if he does have a fall from the nest.  I have tried saving little birds before.  If they were to survive the fall the Mother Robin still would attend to it with worms and such but the chance of it surviving nights without a nest is very slight.

So our lesson in nature is at least  happy right now....

I do think these four robin are the cutest little ones, if I do say so myself!!!!  When I talk to them while taking photos their little eyes just watch me.  They have endeared themselves to me for sure!!!!





I caught this one preening himself this afternoon I wasn't able to get a photo of it. But.. he has a red feathered tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment