Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Windows

Only my family knows how very excited I have been to get new windows this year!!

I have been going to mention them on many occasion.

They made such a difference this winter with our home staying warm. My windows prior to these were the original windows to the home.

Our home is 50+ years old and they were not very useful windows any more.  I wasn't able to open some of them, most windows did not have screens and some of them were with very little caulking left in the frames to hold the glass in.

Just mentioning a few of their qualitites lets you know they were not very reliable to keep cold out or hot out of our home.  The wind was kept out marginally.  ( I do have to dust less now.)  But they weren't the great aluminum window that they probably were tauted to be when they were originally put in.

So with mention of a few of the hindrances to my previous windows one can see how very happy I am  to have my new windows.

I am so happy to be able to open my windows.  I am so pleased with the breeze that blows through the house with windows that open in the living room now. The old bay window did not have windows that could open, not because the windows were broken but because they were solid glass windows in the bay window.

The breeses come from the East and it is so nice to have them come in windows that open on the East side of the house now!!


We made our decision to get new windows with our needs in mind first.

But one has to admit cosmetically they look mighty fine too!



No comments:

Post a Comment