Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hotel Utah Treasure

Years ago the historic Hotel Utah closed its doors.

The building is now called the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg.

When it closed it had all of its items from the hotel that needed new homes. I am not sure where all of the items went. I would guess they had a public sale for some items as has been done with other retired hotels.



Dad and Mom Packer gave Russ and I these chairs from there.  Dad called one day and asked me a couple of questions about preferences. I remember he asked me about some lamps.  I said at that time that gold really wasn't my color, he talked about some oriental like lamps...  I never saw lamps but they did give us these two chairs.

As I say just for your information as I am sitting at my desk looking around!

No comments:

Post a Comment