Thursday, June 30, 2011

Butterflies & Dragonflies

I spent some of the morning mowing lawns.

It was quite pleasant in the shade. As all the lawn is not in the shade I am now coolling off in front of the window air conditioner.

Luckily that puts me right at my computer, thus the blog!



Not only were the temperatures quite pleasant but the butterflies and dragonflies were flitting in every direction.

It started me to think. I do not know what their purpose is.  Butterflies are sure beautiful.  I even felt some of the dragonflies were pretty this morning.  Some were neon blue, other bright orange with polka dot wings. I even saw a neon green dragonfly flitting around.

So I am sure both dragonflies and butterflies are in the food chain but what other purpose besides beauty do they provide?!

They must eat insects of some kind. They like to land on the flowers.

Something to ponder and reference later!

I did go out with camera in hand,  looking for them to document.  I felt foolish for a minute, till I was quickly able to watch a dragonfly lite and follow it for a photo.


Another post: What do dragonflies and butterflies do?!







No comments:

Post a Comment