Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Walk Thru the Garden

I have walked through the yard this mroning.  It is a glorious day. Our weather is just cool almost warm. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. There is still moisture from our rain yesterday.

I love this type of morning were the elements make you want to sing.  You cannot possibly be in a lax or discontent mood with the conditions the way they are today.   The conditions elevate the positive and bubbles it right to the top!!  It is what I would call a glorious morning.  This is what we wait for and savor in our minds (this type of glorious morning) when we are discontent with another season.



 I have walked the yard and seen new treasure. When I walked out the back door (the carport door) there is a faint spice smell. I have climbing roses that are so lush this year with all our rain.  They are laden with buds but have not bloomed as yet.  You can see the roses by the end of today will be in bloom with there first blooms of the season.  I am intoxicated with their fragrance this morning!



Remember my clematis vines, both have shown their first blooms in the last few days.  They are not as laden with bloom buds as I have seen in past years, but I think it is still early I think they will soon be.


My chives are in bloom as their little purple blooms are such an asset to the bed where they are planted. The wild strawberries are below them in the bed but otherwise they are the single blooms where they reside.  But unfortunately the morning glory weed has a good showing in this bed too.


I have my poppies that are trying to open. I have watched as the blooms split the poppy pod and try to open.  They have not successfully opened in the last couple of days I think today will be the day for them to break through and show their delicate tissue paper like petals. I am always excited when I have my first poppy in bloom.  My neighbors poppies open much earlier in the season than mine. So I enjoy theirs with anticipation of mine blooming.



The lady's mantle is holding onto last nights rain. I love how it captures the droplets of water on its leaf petals. The world shows like a prism is its droplets.


My last flower to show for the morning are my delicate columbine blooms. Most of these columbines that have not seeded themselves, and all the original columbines of mine have come from Dad Packer's yard.




And then I do like the little pink blooms that are on the barberry bushes right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment